Legend OT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Legend OT

Legend Enthusiast and OT Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Telion Chip

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Telion
Noob
Noob
Telion

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Character sheet
Members Info:

The Telion Chip Empty
PostSubject: The Telion Chip   The Telion Chip EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 1:18 am

THE Legend Performance Chip

I know many people are interested but also curious as to whether it is a worthwhile or if the Telion Chip will work in and/or improve the performance of their car. Instead of accepting me saying it is a good mod it would be better to hear the feedback from a few other forum members. In addition to this please keep in mind that you are not limited to what I design; it takes about two minutes to swap the chip and you are only limited to what ever chips you have access to. And as a final note the charge is primarily for the cost of the raw chip, the socket, parts and labor, and shipping. Being that the chip is plug and play it is also worthy to note that as with any aftermarket chip available you can further enhance the performance received through a custom tune which requires a dyno and/or a wideband, to tune your vehicle to its more specific needs.

The total cost right now is 75.00 plus what ever it costs you to ship an ECU.

Here is some of the feedback I have received in regard to the Telion Chip from a few respected forum members. I didn’t mention names since I didn’t ask for their permission to provide you with their responses.

**Please note performance will vary based upon what you have done to your car**

1st person

“my first thoughts are WOW!
I took it easy, the same as before, and by not trying at all spun my tires. . Next to shift into third at around 4-6k, and to my surprise the car is accelerating and NOT feeling like its about to stall So after being really happy about that. i hit the highway. where hitting 145mph was so f’in smooth and easy.

Now i cannot compare between stock to this chip Becca's i have put over 2k on my car with the type1 chip however the car is alot more lively through out the power band, actually at ALL RPM’s. . I feel like its a definite improvement over stock, even though i don't have recent experience with the stock ecu, i plan on the future swapping the chips and trying it out, to see the differences. ALSO i love the fact that i can go up to 7k (with the type1 it wouldn't let me past like 6.4k) BUT even though i used to be able to hit almost that high before, the car actually has power at that rpm, i was able to hit 100mph in 3rd gear at 7k, i've never been able to do that before, it would only goto 93ish before losing power like i said compared to the type1 is worlds apart. i have more power all around but esp at low and high rpms, which was what i was having problems with using the type1. I think its defiantly better then stock. i'm in awe!”

2nd Feedback

“It worked out perfect on the first try, no CEL codes or nothing. DUDE THIS IS F’ING AWESOME! It seems like it is more sensitive to gas pedal application off the line, but I don't think im going to say it has any more "oumph" down low. (I am going to try to do a tune up and use 93 gas tomorrow, so I might end up taking this statement back). After 3000 RPM is where I start noticing the differences, it definitely pulls harder up top. What's really awesome is what happens around 5000 RPM!!! My car NEVER made power after 5K, now it feels like VTEC kicking in! NO F’ING JOKE! (seriously ). There's no pinging or detonation so far as I can tell. Shifts seem like they are more crisp, and my auto shifts at 6,500 now verses about 5,900 before. I'll get back to you tomorrow when I test it out some more.”

3rd Person

“What up Telion, Thanks to your help, That latest version is excellent! Definite Butt Dyno improvement, especially in the low end. I just got back from a drive and overall it's better than the original Spoon.”

I hoped this helped and just a note every person's car may yield different results based on what they have done but all will show performance gains. And if you did the JDM swap IMO this is a must do! And it can be done with your Type I ECU as I did.

How Tunable is your chip

Think of it like plug and play in terms of inserting the chip. So you would not tune the chips themselves, as far as the maps go and for re-flashing a new chip that is only bound by the software used to map it (which is what makes Beav a Legend ECU Genius in my book).

To make fast swaps in my car due to testing I only keep the center screw in the top lid and no screws on the transmission control board (smaller board in the ECU) this way I can unscrew the lid pull back the tranny board flip the Zif lever replace the chip and I am done. It is easy enough to do in the dark after a few tries. but in terms of management it is based on software (Beavedit or Tuner Pro in working progress) and knowledge of your car's needs i.e. Dyno's and possibly an accurate A/F even though I have been quite successful without these up to this point. But this is considering I have gone through about 45 tested variations of the chip and the hindsight of seeing the chips available for our car's with the exception of the Comptech and the Bayou. As a final note this is an ongoing progress of the advancement of this chip just as it is with our cars as a whole so do not be surprised if additional versions of this chip are released. Enjoy and I hope you are pleased with this mod.

Frequently Asked Questions
I will update this section as I encounter questions not answered above

- Q. What is the current cost

- A. The current cost is $75.00, this includes labor, parts an ST Microelectronics flashable burn chip, and return shipping.

- Q. What do I do if a better chip is designed by you for my car or I find that the needs of my car have changed.

- A. As the maps become fine tuned and there is a better understanding of the needs of our cars based on the modifications made I will continue to offer upgraded chips. This is only fair since to those who jumped on this venture and were willing to assist in the advancement of the chip through continuous feedback and communication. Based on this I will be more than happy to offer the upgraded map for approximately $8.00. (In the U.S. /outside the U.S. notify and ask me)

- Q. Will this chip increase the performance of my car if I don’t have any mods done?

- A. Absolutely, The chip is designed to maximize the power of the vehicle through tweaking the Timing and Fuel maps, this has been reported to also improve gas mileage in some cases, provided you drive the vehicle the same way you did before (this may be hard at first with new found power)

- Q. What sort of gains should I expect?

- A. Until Dynos have been done on a variety of cars it would be hard for me to provide statistical data in reference to this. I do know you will definitely feel the gains much more so than when you add a SR, CAI, or exhaust. Then when you do begin to modify your car know that this chip is better designed for the purpose of taking advantage of these items than a stock chip.

- Q. Can I purchase an ECU that has already been chipped

- A. Absolutely, but you would need to let me know ahead of time and there may be a delay depending on the amount of time it takes me to acquire an ECU. The cost may also vary depending on the cost of the ECU but I would let you know in advance. And a if you decide to ship your original back to me I would use this to offset my cost for the ECU purchased for you.

- Q. If I purchase another ECU does it have to be the exact same as the one in my car.

- A. Nope the primary concerns are that if you have TCS the ECU that you send should come out of a vehicle that has (had) TCS, secondly if you have an Auto tranny your ECU would need to be an Auto ECU. In my current setup I am running a JDM Type II engine with a Type I tranny and feel gains that exceed the Stock Type II ECU.

- Q. Is there any additional risk to using the Telion Chip?

- A. Every chip I put out is first tested within one of my Legends prior to its release and in the areas near wide open throttle I am not exceeding the parameters used within the Bayou Chip, the advantage of this chip over the Bayou is that I have made some additional adjustments to the maps to take advantage of power where the Bayou does not such as in the RPM scalers and a few areas within different RPM ranges based on personal testing and the areas other chips such as the Spoon and the JDM Type I.

- If you have additional questions that have not been answered please feel free to ask. You can PM or email me. Emails how ever are not read as often as PM’s.

Your original chip will be in an envelope secured in a foam rectangle to keep the pins from bending if you provide me with an email address I will also email you a copy of your original bin. I also keep an electronic copy of your original bin file for ease in the upgrading progress as advancements are made.

Please notify me prior to payment and I will provide you with a shipping address for the ECU if you have one shipped to me, and confirmation of payment once your payment has been received. I am also an advocate of an open line of communication so feel free to contact me as often as needed regarding the progress of your ECU.

I will have already removed all of the top screws from the ECU except the one that I keep on for fast swaps, basically you will remove the screw and then lift up the tranny board carefully (if you have an auto, this is very easy) then you will see the chip sitting in the ZIF socket. To remove the chip just flip the little silver lever up and pull out the chip.

The chips are directional with a notch at one end, I socket the chips so that the notch on the chip is on the same side as the lever for simplicity. You do not need to unplug the ECU to remove a chip if need be.

Let me know if you have any questions, and how it goes once you get it

Please PM me to initiate the process and/or for additional questions you may not have had answered within this thread.

Paypal is preferred, but I will accept cashiers checks or money orders. PM me for my Paypal/ and Email addresses.

Thank you for your time.
Back to top Go down
ninous26
Up and Cumming
Up and Cumming

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Character sheet
Members Info:

The Telion Chip Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Telion Chip   The Telion Chip EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 3:48 am

I can vouch for this guy. I bought a chip off of him a long time ago.. Highly recommended!
Back to top Go down
GreekPower
Administrator
Administrator
GreekPower

Male
Number of posts : 162

Character sheet
Members Info:

The Telion Chip Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Telion Chip   The Telion Chip EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 3:50 am

i can say hes a scammer haha, I got parts for him and he never claimed them Sad

but i still want his chip just not yet haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.3si.org/forum
Telion
Noob
Noob
Telion

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Character sheet
Members Info:

The Telion Chip Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Telion Chip   The Telion Chip EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 3:49 pm

Lol thanks guys, Hey I still need those parts you know. I just ended up temporarily broke. And my own little Telion Chip section damn I almost cried.
Back to top Go down
GreekPower
Administrator
Administrator
GreekPower

Male
Number of posts : 162

Character sheet
Members Info:

The Telion Chip Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Telion Chip   The Telion Chip EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 6:58 pm

yeah it was just for you T. Figured you could keep all your thoughts straight etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.3si.org/forum
Sponsored content

The Telion Chip Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Telion Chip   The Telion Chip Empty

Back to top Go down

The Telion Chip
Page 1 of 1